Sunday, December 7, 2008

Healing Light


Ashes. The parking lot was much closer to last month's fires than my home was, and the first thing I noticed as I stepped out of my car was the lingering smell of old ashes.

I refocused, took another deep breath, moved into my heart, and walked toward the main entrance.

On the way I neared a red fire engine parked at the emergency entrance. Two members of its crew were re-stowing equipment in the back.

I moved my focus to the center of the head, and from there aligned upward, through the crown center above the head, to the World Teacher.

As the doors of the main entrance slid aside, I invoked the Healing Light of Christ.

It flowed downward, along the path prepared, and I stepped over the threshold.

Moving forward as my heart filled with Healing Light, I stopped at the reception desk, gave a patient’s name, and received a “Visitor” sticker.

As I passed through the inner entryway, I released the Light from the heart – radiating Healing outward, through the walls, to permeate the entire building.

Down and out, down and out, the Light flowed as I strode down the main corridor.

Past the chapel where I’d worked the year before, past signs pointing the way to radiology, oncology, maternity, and a dozen other departments, to the far end of the corridor.

At the end, I turned right and found the room I was looking for. There were the usual features and furnishings - a small private bathroom, two beds, privacy curtains, and assorted medical devices.

I returned, somewhat, from my inner work, and walked up to the second bed.

“Hi mom!” I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner