Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Leaping the Stream

I was standing on a boulder, surrounded by an icy stream.

It had been quite a long time since I’d found myself in that position. My alignment with the energy of balance had helped me reach that point, stepping from one precarious perch to the next, but now I needed something more.

Ahead were two smaller stones, close enough to step down to. But continuing beyond them would require a leap to a medium size rock, and I’d just realized that my body no longer had the muscle memory for such a leap. It had been so long since I’d done such a thing, that it did not know if it could.

That one leap would be difficult enough, but that was not all. Reaching the next stone, diagonally to the left, would also require a leap, and the one beyond that, and the one beyond that. Four leaps, all to rocks too small to stop on.

I’d have to do them in one movement, without pausing or missing.

I visualized the series of motions, took a deep breath, and focused in the ajna center (in front of the forehead and between the brows). There I integrated my persona (body, emotions, and mind) into a single unit by identifying each as part of the larger whole.

Then I drew a line of golden-white light upward, from the integrated persona, to the higher self or Soul.

With the connection made, I called on the will of the Soul, and gave that will to my integrated persona, as the motivating impulse to move quickly and accurately through the motions.

I felt my body respond, took another deep breath, held the pattern in my mind’s eye, and moved. I stepped down with my right foot, then left, leaped off my left onto my right, off my right to my left, leaped again, and again, and landed on the sandy bank.

Still holding the alignment, I turned and extended it to my less experienced companion – now standing on my former place – and began describing how to make the leap.

Namaste,

Glen


Donations
PayPal
Or send to:
Preparation Press
16222 Landmark Dr.
Whittier, CA 90604 USA

1 comment:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner