Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Magical Studies

I was walking past the “Magical Studies” section when a book caught my eye. Sky blue, with a title the color of drying blood, I paused to read the cover.

A young woman standing three feet away started, and jerked a glance at me. She was twenty-something, wearing a fuzzy white sweater and matching knit cap against the winter cold. I wasn’t really close enough to justify such a reaction. Yet, she was frightened by the smallish, gray-bearded older man standing nearby, staring at the shelves.

As she hurried away I realized that I recognized the frequency and character of her response. At some time in her short life she’d been sexually molested.

The protective instincts of the male animal quickened, as well as my nurturing side. I took a breath, and moved into the still, quite place in the center of the heart.

The images, sounds and smells of the bookstore disappeared as I gathered that stillness around me.

From the midst of that stillness, I called on the great Deva of Healing and directed some of its light to the young woman – bathing her aura.

The healing energy was repelled, by murky-red tears in her aura around her abdomen.

Remaining in the stillness in the heart, I persisted, called on the Deva of Feminine Power, and bathed the murky-red tears with Her power.

The tears shifted, allowing the healing light to reach her aura, and I withdrew. The angels of healing and of feminine power had been accepted, and my work was done.

Moving out of that stillness, and back into the world, I found myself gazing at the 20th Anniversary Edition of Many Lives, Many Masters, by Brian L. Weiss, M.D., a breakthrough book on past life therapy.

I twisted the Freemason’s ring on my finger as I looked over the other titles. Then I headed toward the cash register.

On the way, I passed the young woman gazing at Twilight, and the other romance novels by Stephenie Meyer.

1 comment:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner