Friday, March 20, 2009

Divine Will, part 2


The Attack

I snapped out of the heart into the ajna center, and jerked on the leash, swinging Butch behind me. The charging pit-bull mix roared in fury, with jaws gaping ready to rend and tear.

I threw my alignment upward, grabbed Divine Will, and tossed it at the ravening beast. …

I’d discovered Butch years before, when he was a puppy. He was being abandoned at a local Mobil station, and I nabbed him as he was headed toward the street (he never did pay any attention to cars). He looked just like my first stuffed animal, “dog”, so I kept him.

We were together for thirteen years, and in all that time he never so much as growled at anyone. We used to go for long walks almost every day, but on that day we’d only gotten two blocks away.

I’d never actually seen the pit-bull mix before. He was kept penned up in the back yard of a corner house, surrounded by a tall cement-brick wall. But you heard him whenever you walked by, roaring as he leaped and scrambled at the top of the wall.

Most of us walked on the other side of the street, as we had that day. But this time, he made it over the wall.

…“Back-off!” I shouted, as Divine Will streamed down and out.

The beast’s legs locked, and he skidded to a stop six feet in front of me.

I stamped my foot again, and shouted “Back-off!” as Divine Will streamed down and out.

The dog spun around and fled, back toward his home.

I banked the inner fires, and slowly relaxed the alignment.

Several neighbors, drawn out of their homes by the noise, walked over and asked if I was ok. I indicated that Butch and I were fine.

They told me that the dog had already mauled two other dogs, and that I was lucky to get off uninjured.

I thanked them for their concern (although luck, of course, had nothing to do with it) and as Butch and I continued on our way I began a technique for the dog and its family. He never escaped from his yard again.

Namaste,

Glen Knape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner