Saturday, April 18, 2009

30% Off

I turned off the screen and stood up. I’d been sitting in front of my computer for hours, and it was time to get out of the house. I briefly considered taking a walk, but decided I needed to be around people. As I scooped my wallet out of the basket on my dresser, I noticed the Borders’ coupon next to it, and felt the desire for another book.

It is an old desire – the need for escape, for adventure, to be someone important – given shape and form when I learned to read (first through comic books, and later through fantasy and science fiction). Being one of the first, it would likely be one of the last to be transmuted. But I was making progress.

The local bookstore is only a mile away – at the same intersection as my bank, grocers, health club, and office supply store – making it quite convenient.

When I walked in, I headed directly to the books I was currently reading, the latest fantasy by Patricia Briggs, and a book on the 2008 presidential campaign. Both were hardcover, and cost more than I was willing to spend (even with the coupon). But it didn’t cost anything to sit in the bookstore’s coffee shop (Seattle’s Best) and read.

First, however, I had some more work to do.

From the corner where I sat, I could see the comic book and magazine racks, a good portion of the book shelves, and I had a work by one of my favorite authors in my hand. I was immersed in the outer form of my desire, surrounded by people who shared it. It was perfect.

I focused in my heart, took a deep breath, and aligned upward, through the center at the top of the head with the source of Spiritual Fulfillment.

From the heart, I took another deep breath, and aligned outward, through the desire to have books, the need for escape, for adventure, to be someone important – in myself and in everyone who desired books.

Then I breathed Spiritual Fulfillment downward, into my heart, and outward to the place of that desire. I breathed Fulfillment in and out, in and out, in and out, transforming that desire.

When the transformation was as complete as I could make it in that session, still holding the focus in the heart and the alignment with Fulfillment, I opened the book to my previous place and began to read.

Namaste,

Glen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner