Sunday, January 18, 2009

Inspiring Will

A bell sounded an urgent warning in the distance. It was time for the adolescents at Mulberry Middle School to get to their next classes. I turned my attention to motivating purpose as I walked toward the end of our cul-de-sac.

I reached the corner, focused in the heart center, and turned right. The sense of purpose grew as I walked, and clarified around current events.

It was a perfect, sunny, Southern California day. Back east, the next President was on a train, journeying to Washington for the inauguration. Here, I walked through a string of cul-de-sacs, holding the focus in the heart – breathing light in and out, in and out, in and out.

I turned right again, at a home whose grass was kept trimmed as short as a Marine’s haircut. Then I reached upward, through the top of the head, to touch the Divine Will that overshadowed current events.

Maintaining that touch, I inhaled that Will, and expanded my heart to include the new administration.

As I breathed that inspiring Will in and out, in and out, in and out of the heart of the new administration I continued on – past the white picket fence where my workout buddy Darcy lives. I rounded the end of the street, and returned on the other side.

Reaching the next corner, I turned right again, and expanded the heart to include the entire government.

As I breathed that inspiring Will in and out, in and out, in and out of the entire government I continued on – past the next corner to another cul-de-sac.

The second house on the right (where John grew up sporting a rebel’s colored Mohawk, black leather and spikes) had a new water feature – a small bowl, emptying into a large bowl, emptying into a six-pointed basin.

I continued on, infusing the national government with that inspiring Will as I rounded the end of the street and walked down the other side.

At the end of the cul-de-sac, I faced a choice – turn left to home, or continue for a longer walk around several blocks. Checking the upward alignment, I expanded the heart to include the entire nation.

As I breathed that inspiring Will in and out, in and out, in and out of the entire nation I continued on to the longer route. The material world grew distant, my eyes closed for long periods, and my steps slowed. I felt the entire nation infusing itself with Divine Will.

Breathing in and out, in and out, in and out I continued on, and in the distance a train sounded it horn.

Namaste,

Glen

Donations
PayPal

Help make the teachings available to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner