Sunday, January 4, 2009

Letting it Flow

* * *

Letting it Flow


I focusing in my heart, and headed toward the cashier. I was almost there, preparing for the next step in the alignment, when I saw the table covered in black books. I paused, and joined a large woman in a pant suit in gazing over the display. I picked up a copy of New Moon and asked, “Is this one next after Twilight?”

“I don’t know,” she replied. “My niece just saw the movie, so I’m getting her the book.”

We continued chatting, about her niece, the plot and setting of Twilight, the other books she was purchasing, and her preference for contemporary mysteries with strong female characters. I listened attentively, asked questions that evoked explanations, and offered brief supportive comments.

We moved to the long post-holiday payment line, and while we talked I aligned with the world economy. I breathed in and out, in and out, reaffirming that living connection.

My new friend reached the head of the line, and said goodbye when her turn came. I aligned outward, from my heart, with my entire personal economy – my thoughts, emotions, energy, and forms.

Then I aligned my personal economy outward, with the greater planetary economy of which it is a part. I breathed in and out, in and out, reaffirming the living flow from the world economy, through me, to the world.

A clerk called out “next,” and I pulled my wallet from my pocket as I stepped up to the counter. I removed the “30% Off” coupon, and some cash, and saw her eyes widen.

“What’s that?” she asked.

I followed her gaze to my wallet, and saw what was poking out of it. “Oh, that’s a million $ bill I got at a conference. I figure it’s OK as long as I don’t try to buy anything with it.”

She smiled, placed my receipt in the bag with my books, and I departed, still holding the flow.

Namaste,

Glen

* * *

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Glen!

    This post reminds me that the economy is not up or down, good or bad, booming or bust. Those are descriptions of what we have done with our economy and reference the past.

    What came to mind while reading this blog was that our true economy is mostly unrealized potential, and this potential is available within every breath we take.

    What we see in the world economy is that ever flowing exchange of thoughts, emotions, and values. This reflection tells us a lot about the consciousness that is at work, but it can only show us the past, it cannot show us our potential.

    In our personal lives, our immediate environment shows us the results of our exchange in the world. It shows us the quality of our involvement; what we are paying attention to - or not.

    If we don't like what we see, we have only to look to our potential to find out what to do differently. We can't wait for our environment to change and start supporting us on its own. That environment is reflecting the past work of our consciouness. If we want something different, we have to change the consciousness that created what we see. If our environment is constricting us, expansion is necessary; activity that brings new skills, thoughts that bring a different outlook, emotions that bring a different approach.

    When we begin to realize our true economic potential, involvement with our environment expands. We begin to tap into the essense of our true economy and learn to share it with each other. We uplift and inspire each other. Our personal expansion becomes expansion for the whole. Our true economy is then flowing.

    This activity is certainly worth a million dollars!

    Love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner