Thursday, May 14, 2009

Shut Up!

I strode around the mini-SUV, into the street. The vehicle had been thrust partway into the drive at a forty-five degree angle, and left there – a testament, perhaps, to the driver’s road rage. The entire house had a dark, shadowed feel, as though veiled in astral-emotional smog.

I’d known one of the kids who grew up there. David spent a lot of time at our home, but had never spoken of his family and had moved out as soon as he could.

A parrot screeched, and a woman shouted, “Shut up!”

When I reached the next house, it screeched again, and again the woman shouted, “Shut up!” in annoyance.

When I reached the house after that, it screeched again, and the woman’s shaking voice screamed “Shut up!”

I grinned at the foolishness of repeatedly shouting “Shut up!” at a parrot, and wondered how she’d react when it began parroting her words.

Then I frowned. It sounded like a large, valuable bird. I’d pictured an African Gray Parrot when I first heard it, which was certainly not something one would expect to find in that shadowed house.

I focused in my heart and extended its radius outward, touching the aura of the house, and found old age, bitterness, and loneliness.

I aligned upward, to the source of Divine Love, and invoked it downward, infusing the house, and its occupants, with the Light of Love.

I aligned upward again, to the source of Divine Purpose, and invoked it downward, infusing the occupants with the Light of Purpose.

I left the Light in place as I walked on, guiding those who dwelled in shadows to their next step.

Namaste,

Glen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner