Monday, May 4, 2009

The Way is Shut

The slender young woman walked up to Ben and asked, “Do you know how to get in?”

It was the last day of the conference, and Ben and I were missing the closing ritual. My morning meditations had been quite productive, but the door was sealed by the time I was done. I found Ben behind an abandoned concession table near the locked entrance. He waved me over, and when I was seated asked for my help in publishing his writings.

I receive this kind of request often, and am always happy to oblige. I was deep into a comparison of instant printing and offset lithography when the young lady’s question rescued Ben.

She couldn’t have been older than her early 20’s, was nearly elfin thin, with long, light-brown hair and dark, alert eyes, and looked extremely out of place. I couldn’t recall when I’d seen anyone that young at the conference – not in this century.

Youth had been common in Ageless Wisdom communities once, and its absence had been a source of concern and topic of conversation at the last several conferences. Where were the young people? Why aren’t they attracted to the Ageless Wisdom? What can we do to get them to read our books and take our classes?

The music of the closing ritual reached a crescendo, muffled by the thick walls and doors. Ben suggested that she wait by the door and ask for information when the rite ended. He offered her a chair, but she replied, “I’d rather sit on the floor.”

Ben watched in concern as she turned and walked up to the doors – large, solid wood, clad in iron bands, and closed against intruders.

She sat at their foot, turned her left ear to the crack between them, and listened as the group within broke out into joyous song.

I moved into my heart, and aligned upward through the top of my head to the Wisdom of this Age.

From the heart, I aligned outward to the young woman, through her to all of her generation who waited patiently for the doors to open, and from them upward, directly to the Wisdom prepared for them.

Then I held the alignment, and waited for her to be admitted.

Namaste,

Glen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner